As part of the explosion of Recovery Act projects this summer and as a move towards a clean energy future, the President announced nearly $2 billion in conditional commitments to key solar companies. Abengoa Solar has agreed to build one of the largest solar plants in the world in Arizona, which will create about 1,600 construction jobs with over 70 percent of the construction components and products manufactured here in the USA. When completed, this plant will provide enough clean energy to power 70,000 homes. And, Abound Solar Manufacturing is building two new plants, one in Colorado and one in Indiana. These projects will create more than 2,000 construction jobs, and over 1,500 permanent jobs as the plants produce millions of state of the art solar panels each year. A fact sheet is available here.
- Cleantech in Court: Green Patent Complaint Update
- In Sao Paulo, Experts Eye the Future for Brazil’s Energy Mix
- The History and Hope for a First-in-the-Nation City-Utility Clean Energy Partnership
- Social Media Can Help Track Severity of Air Pollution, Researchers Say
- International Green Construction Code Now Mandatory For All Building in Baltimore
- Tragic Irony in U.S. Politics on Energy and Environment
- Denmark Announces 100% Renewable Goal
- Will California Protect Customers’ Right to Self-Generate?
- New Material Can Trap Powerful Greenhouse Gases Efficiently, Chemists Say
- GE Settles Signage LED Patent Suit; Offers Patents for License