As part of the explosion of Recovery Act projects this summer and as a move towards a clean energy future, the President announced nearly $2 billion in conditional commitments to key solar companies. Abengoa Solar has agreed to build one of the largest solar plants in the world in Arizona, which will create about 1,600 construction jobs with over 70 percent of the construction components and products manufactured here in the USA. When completed, this plant will provide enough clean energy to power 70,000 homes. And, Abound Solar Manufacturing is building two new plants, one in Colorado and one in Indiana. These projects will create more than 2,000 construction jobs, and over 1,500 permanent jobs as the plants produce millions of state of the art solar panels each year. A fact sheet is available here.
- Green Trends in Housekeeping
- Rooftop Solar Financing: Wins, Trends & What Comes Next
- Inexpensive Solar Cell Makes Hydrogen From Sunlight
- Cellulosic Ethanol Finally Beginning to Reach Scale
- Solar and the New (democratic) Energy Economy
- BMW i3 Electric Car Gains Popularity
- World’s Largest Coal Company Plan’s Billion Dollar Solar Plant in India
- Climate Disruption, Climate Action
- So Much Energy Storage Data, So Much to Do with It!
- Planet Set to Reach CO2 Threshold in 30 Years, Researchers Say