As part of the explosion of Recovery Act projects this summer and as a move towards a clean energy future, the President announced nearly $2 billion in conditional commitments to key solar companies. Abengoa Solar has agreed to build one of the largest solar plants in the world in Arizona, which will create about 1,600 construction jobs with over 70 percent of the construction components and products manufactured here in the USA. When completed, this plant will provide enough clean energy to power 70,000 homes. And, Abound Solar Manufacturing is building two new plants, one in Colorado and one in Indiana. These projects will create more than 2,000 construction jobs, and over 1,500 permanent jobs as the plants produce millions of state of the art solar panels each year. A fact sheet is available here.
- Europe is banking on wind, reaps profits
- Keeping Pace with Renewable Energy (& its information)
- Bloomberg Charity Gives Out $48M For State Clean Energy Plans
- Prefab Construction Promotes Energy Efficiency
- Plug-In Car Sales Up 350% In China
- Greener Winter Heating
- Distributed Generation: Three Renewable Industry Shifts to Watch for in 2015
- Chevy Bolt & Chevy Volt 2.0 – Details & My Thoughts
- Community Solar Project In Washington Is Investment Opportunity
- Chevy Bolt Is For Real! 200 Electric Miles, $30,000!