As part of the explosion of Recovery Act projects this summer and as a move towards a clean energy future, the President announced nearly $2 billion in conditional commitments to key solar companies. Abengoa Solar has agreed to build one of the largest solar plants in the world in Arizona, which will create about 1,600 construction jobs with over 70 percent of the construction components and products manufactured here in the USA. When completed, this plant will provide enough clean energy to power 70,000 homes. And, Abound Solar Manufacturing is building two new plants, one in Colorado and one in Indiana. These projects will create more than 2,000 construction jobs, and over 1,500 permanent jobs as the plants produce millions of state of the art solar panels each year. A fact sheet is available here.
- Climate Change: A Military Imperative
- DOE Issues Final Rule on Federal Green Building Standards
- Germany’s Energiewende Proves Electricity can be Clean and Reliable
- Pressing Matters: Inserting Indow Windows for Energy Efficiency
- Global Boom in Natural Gas Unlikely to Help the Climate, Study Suggests
- What Will Happen If the Republicans Take Back the U.S. Senate?
- Living The Green Life – Halloween Decorations
- New Gas Plant Venture Aims at Carbon Capture From a Different Angle
- Smart Island Economies Video
- Auto Executives: Electric Cars Will Soon Offer Range of 200 to 300 Miles