As part of the explosion of Recovery Act projects this summer and as a move towards a clean energy future, the President announced nearly $2 billion in conditional commitments to key solar companies. Abengoa Solar has agreed to build one of the largest solar plants in the world in Arizona, which will create about 1,600 construction jobs with over 70 percent of the construction components and products manufactured here in the USA. When completed, this plant will provide enough clean energy to power 70,000 homes. And, Abound Solar Manufacturing is building two new plants, one in Colorado and one in Indiana. These projects will create more than 2,000 construction jobs, and over 1,500 permanent jobs as the plants produce millions of state of the art solar panels each year. A fact sheet is available here.
- Florida Power & Light’s Half-Baked Solar Program Moves Forward
- Unlikely Bedfellows: Mines That Run On Solar Or Wind Power
- Wind Energy Prices at All-Time Low, According to U.S. Report
- Would Homeowners Say “Yes” to Energy Efficiency if it Came with Solar?
- August 19th is Earth Overshoot Day
- New Energy Projects Boost the Use of Undersea Power Cables
- Recent Glacier Losses Are Mostly Driven By Human Activity, Study Says
- A Few Weeds in Minnesota Decision to Allow Community Solar Gardens to Grow
- Report: Drillers Illegally Using Diesel Fuel to Frack
- Enterprise Green Communities Criteria Being Updated