As part of the explosion of Recovery Act projects this summer and as a move towards a clean energy future, the President announced nearly $2 billion in conditional commitments to key solar companies. Abengoa Solar has agreed to build one of the largest solar plants in the world in Arizona, which will create about 1,600 construction jobs with over 70 percent of the construction components and products manufactured here in the USA. When completed, this plant will provide enough clean energy to power 70,000 homes. And, Abound Solar Manufacturing is building two new plants, one in Colorado and one in Indiana. These projects will create more than 2,000 construction jobs, and over 1,500 permanent jobs as the plants produce millions of state of the art solar panels each year. A fact sheet is available here.
- The Future of Vertical Farming
- National Lab Shows Another Year of Double Digit Solar Price Reduction
- Shift to Mass Transit Could Have Major Economic and Climate Benefits
- Federal Agencies Saving Surprising Amounts of Energy
- Can France Succeed its Energy Transition ?
- Do We Think about Energy Efficiency the Wrong Way?
- Tackling Climate Change Could Pay Off in as Little as 15 Years, Report Finds
- Trends in Business LED Lighting
- Why China’s Insatiable Appetite For Coal Has Likely Peaked
- Solar Power by Smartflower: A Cool Way to Produce Energy from Heat