As part of the explosion of Recovery Act projects this summer and as a move towards a clean energy future, the President announced nearly $2 billion in conditional commitments to key solar companies. Abengoa Solar has agreed to build one of the largest solar plants in the world in Arizona, which will create about 1,600 construction jobs with over 70 percent of the construction components and products manufactured here in the USA. When completed, this plant will provide enough clean energy to power 70,000 homes. And, Abound Solar Manufacturing is building two new plants, one in Colorado and one in Indiana. These projects will create more than 2,000 construction jobs, and over 1,500 permanent jobs as the plants produce millions of state of the art solar panels each year. A fact sheet is available here.
- Nest Learning Thermostat Giveaway: Because Solar & Energy Efficiency Belong Together
- Video: Why Hawaii’s Solar Energy Industry is at a Crossroads
- How Can You Reduce Your Water Footprint?
- Almost Unnoticed, Solar Energy Starting to Make Big Strides Across Midwest
- California Energy Commission Takes Step to Save California Billions of Gallons of Water
- How We can Grow During the Drought
- Colorado Shows Growth in Residential, Commercial Solar Installations
- Los Angeles To Save Energy on Street Lighting With New Mobile & Cloud-based Controls
- Video: The Law of Diminishing Returns
- Increasing Home Energy Efficiency Through Duct Sealing