As part of the explosion of Recovery Act projects this summer and as a move towards a clean energy future, the President announced nearly $2 billion in conditional commitments to key solar companies. Abengoa Solar has agreed to build one of the largest solar plants in the world in Arizona, which will create about 1,600 construction jobs with over 70 percent of the construction components and products manufactured here in the USA. When completed, this plant will provide enough clean energy to power 70,000 homes. And, Abound Solar Manufacturing is building two new plants, one in Colorado and one in Indiana. These projects will create more than 2,000 construction jobs, and over 1,500 permanent jobs as the plants produce millions of state of the art solar panels each year. A fact sheet is available here.
- Bill Gates to Invest $2 Billion in Renewable Technology Projects
- Video: Fossil Fuels – A Risky Business?
- One in Three Investors Will Back Their First Solar Project within the Next Year
- A Light Bulb Goes Off: A Conversation with Hiroshi Amano
- From Diesel to Wind on Block Island
- U.S. Community Solar Market to Grow Fivefold in 2015, Top 500 MW in 2020
- Pope Francis: Substitute Fossil Fuels with Renewable Energy
- Video: Lighting Mountain Communities in Nepal Through a Simple Solution – Hydro Power
- Tesla Shareholder Meeting Video
- An interview with Carbon Washington, a local carbon tax initiative