As part of the explosion of Recovery Act projects this summer and as a move towards a clean energy future, the President announced nearly $2 billion in conditional commitments to key solar companies. Abengoa Solar has agreed to build one of the largest solar plants in the world in Arizona, which will create about 1,600 construction jobs with over 70 percent of the construction components and products manufactured here in the USA. When completed, this plant will provide enough clean energy to power 70,000 homes. And, Abound Solar Manufacturing is building two new plants, one in Colorado and one in Indiana. These projects will create more than 2,000 construction jobs, and over 1,500 permanent jobs as the plants produce millions of state of the art solar panels each year. A fact sheet is available here.
- MID-YEAR REPORT: 70% of New U.S. Generating Capacity in First Half 2015 is From Renewables
- Infographic: 5 Big Brands Using Renewable Energy
- Video: Hillary Clinton’s Renewable Energy Plan
- Small Town Uses Food Scraps to Generate Power
- Increasing the Adoption and Benefits of Electric Vehicles in Seattle
- Piezoelectric Flooring: Harvesting Energy Using Footsteps
- Podcast: Why Global Solar Demand Will Be Off the Charts
- Study Proves Fossil Fuels Way Worse for Land Use than Renewables
- Is Solar Net Metering a Subsidy to Utilities?
- Bill Gates to Invest $2 Billion in Renewable Technology Projects