There are many solar energy gadgets out there, but some of them seem to stand out. Take the LightShip, for example. It is a practical, portable solar light that could be the clean energy answer to campers, boats, cabins and emergency use. I particularly like the fact that it features three suction cups so that you can attach it to any smooth surface!
• Eight hours of light on a full charge of sunshine
• Daylight sensor that automatically turns it off during the day
• 3-way switch – white light, red light, off
• Long-lasting 900mA NmH battery for quick charges
• Tough polycarbonate plastic housing
• 5″ Diameter x 2″ High
It weights only 227g and the bulb features white and red LEDs.
Article by Antonio Pasolini, a Brazilian writer and video art curator based in London, UK. He holds a BA in journalism and an MA in film and television.