Save time, travel costs and carbon? Yup, there’s an app for that: TripGo*. It’s already being used in over 50 major metropolitan cities around the globe to streamline commuting times, travel itineraries and intelligently lower travel emissions.
Created by the Australian-based company SkedGo, the underlying sustainability focus of the TripGo app is designed to reinforce the need for smarter, cleaner and resource friendly transportation methods, i.e., smart cars, electric vehicles, improved mass transit infrastructure, bicycle commuting, ride shares, etc.
Because according to the latest findings in, A Global High Shift Scenario, the report released last month by the Institute for Transportation and the University of California, “Transportation, driven by rapid-growth in car use, has been the fastest growing source of CO2 in the world.”
So whether you’re trying to shave minutes off of your daily commute, or taking a vacation in an unfamiliar city, TripGo automatically plans trips to, from and between events in your calendar, and smartly proposes the least carbon-intensive connections using your personal transport preferences.
TripGo supports the following modes of transportation:
- Public transport: buses, ferries, subways, trains, trams
- Shuttle services
Additional TripGo features include:
- Real-time public transport information.
- Door-to-door options for easy comparison on price, time and environmental impact – including public transport, taxi and bike share.
- Trip planners according to your transport preferences.
- Get reminders for your upcoming planned trips
- Public transport pricing.
- Tolls and car park information.
- Taxi fares.
- Search for points of interest and businesses.
- Save trips to calendar.
- Open from Apple Maps.
- Launch turn by turn navigation.
- Universal for iPhone and iPad.
To date, over 500k have downloaded TripGo. To learn more, download the app, or see if TripGo is available in your city: http://skedgo.com/tripgo
*This article is brought to you by our sponsor — TripGo