CleanTechies Advertising Guidelines
These Guidelines set forth standards that govern CleanTechies’ relationship with its advertising partners and the relationship between editorial and advertising content. The overriding consideration is that CleanTechies partner publications must maintain their editorial integrity and the trust of their readers.
We believe that establishing, publicly displaying, and adhering to these Guidelines is important to protect the trust and transparency that should exist between a publication, its readers, and its advertisers. We also recognize that no set of Guidelines can address every situation or issue that may arise in the course of doing business, especially given the pace of change within the media industry. Accordingly, we anticipate that these guidelines will be revisited and updated from time to time. In particular, we will remain teachable and open to suggestions, criticism, and correction from our readers and other interested parties.
GENERAL ADVERTISING GUIDELINES
The Guidelines in the following section apply to all advertisements and sponsored content served by CleanTechies and appearing on its Publishing Partner properties, including ads purchased under AAAA/IAB Standard Terms and Conditions.
- CleanTechies will not allow any relationship with an advertiser to compromise CleanTechies’ Publishing Partners editorial integrity.
- All advertising content must be clearly distinguishable from editorial content. To that end, CleanTechies will label an advertisement with the word “Advertisement” when, in its opinion, this is necessary to make clear the distinction between editorial material and advertising.
- Advertisers are responsible for ensuring that their ads are adequately substantiated and comply with all applicable laws, regulations, and guidelines. While the content of advertising does not necessarily reflect the views of CleanTechies or its editors, if it comes to the attention of CleanTechies that an ad, in our opinion, contains demonstrably false or unlawful content, CleanTechies will refuse or remove the ad in whole or in part.
- CleanTechies may exercise its discretion to refuse or remove any advertising that is inconsistent with or may tend to bring disparagement, harm to reputation, or other damage to CleanTechies’ brand.
- Although CleanTechies will evaluate whether to work with advertisers on a case-by-case basis, some examples of advertising CleanTechies will not accept are the following:
- Advertising that CleanTechies believes, in its opinion, is indecent, vulgar, suggestive, profane, or offensive.
- Advertising for illegal products or services, including drugs, illegal substances, or any related products or services.
- Advertising that CleanTechies believes includes hateful or violent text advocating against any individual, group, or organization.
- Advertising that CleanTechies determines to be inflammatory.
- Advertising that CleanTechies determines represents a personal attack against an individual, country, or organization.
- Advertising that CleanTechies believes will undermine the intellectual integrity, authority, and character of its mission and brand.
- All determinations of the application of the foregoing standards to particular advertisements or advertisers shall be within the sole discretion of CleanTechies’ business-side staff. CleanTechies’ Publishing Partner editors will not be involved in deciding whether to accept or reject specific advertisers.
- All advertising agreements or contracts must include the standard terms and conditions from CleanTechies’ Insertion Order, which will supersede any Agreement between CleanTechies and its advertisers, including the AAAA/IAB Standard Terms and Conditions. Moreover, CleanTechies may remove advertising content at any time if such content is inconsistent with the policies described herein, with or without prior notice to the advertising client and regardless of whether the advertising content has been accepted or displayed within CleanTechies for any period of time.
SPONSORED CONTENT GUIDELINES
The guidelines in the following section shall apply to all Sponsored Content served by or appearing in the print and digital publications of CleanTechies, including ads purchased under AAAA/IAB Standard Terms and Conditions. (These are in addition to the general guidelines for advertising content that appear above, which apply to Sponsored Content as well.)
- Sponsored Content is content created or commissioned by advertisers in collaboration with CleanTechies’ marketing team (“CleanTechies”). CleanTechies allows Sponsored Content in two forms: (1) Content produced by CleanTechies Marketing as commissioned by its advertising partners and (2) Content produced by advertisers.
- As with all advertising, Sponsored Content does not necessarily reflect the views and choices of CleanTechies’ Partner Publication editors. Accordingly, CleanTechies will prominently display the following disclaimer on all Sponsor Content: ‘SPONSOR CONTENT.’ CleanTechies will include a disclaimer on all Sponsored Content that notes the involvement or non-involvement of CleanTechies’s editorial staff in curating or creating the Content and clarifies that the Content is made possible by a Sponsor.
- CleanTechies may additionally include, in certain areas and platforms, further explanation defining Sponsored Content to readers. In addition, CleanTechies will ensure the treatment and design of Advertising and Sponsored Content is clearly differentiated from its editorial content.
- CleanTechies does not require that Sponsored Content steer clear of controversy. Indeed, we expect that Sponsored Content, like our own editorial content, will sometimes address contested issues and will be written with a distinct point of view. That said, even with the caveat that Sponsored Content does not necessarily reflect the views of CleanTechies or its editors, CleanTechies will refuse publication of such content that, in its own judgment, would undermine the intellectual integrity, authority, and character of our enterprise.
- As with all advertising, and consistent with the foregoing General Advertising Guidelines, CleanTechies may reject or remove any Sponsored Content at any time that contains false, deceptive, potentially misleading, or illegal content; is inconsistent with or may tend to bring disparagement, harm to reputation, or other damage to CleanTechies’ brand.
- CleanTechies may in its sole discretion enable readers to comment on Sponsored Content on CleanTechies’ partner sites. If comment functionality is enabled on Sponsored Content, the sponsor will not have any role in moderating such comments. The only moderation of such comments will be performed by CleanTechies’ employees who implement CleanTechies’ generally applicable Terms and Conditions which prohibit spam, obscenity, hate speech, and similar content.