- Head of Smart Energy Management, SolarEdge Technologies
- Group Manager for SolarEdge’s Smart Energy Management portfolio
- Frank brings more than 14 years solar energy experience to his position
- Long track record in the PV sector and a degree in electrical engineering, together with working in PV standards, product development, new product introduction, and product strategy
- Born and raised in the Netherlands
- An innovative mindset with a passion for advancing the energy transition towards a decarbonized grid.
What is your field of expertise?
Smart energy management for homeowners, including solar & storage, integrated EV charging, smart energy devices including load controllers and hot water controller, and PV system management applications.
What does your company do, for whom, and how does it fit into the bigger picture of solving global issues with clean tech?
SolarEdge is a global leader in smart energy technology. By deploying world-class engineering capabilities and with a relentless focus on innovation, we create award-winning products and solutions that power homes, businesses and transportation while driving future progress.
What do you think is the most important thing we can be doing in terms of clean tech solutions?
Introduce new ways of managing home energy that puts the homeowner in control of their energy future – enjoying the benefits of home electrification without worrying about energy costs, living an uninterrupted lifestyle where power remains on during grid outages.
This entails creating more efficient smart energy management systems that grow with the needs of the homeowner.
LinkedIn: Frank Bakker