Tag: toxic


People are certainly more into recycling now than they were 10 years ago, that’s for sure. However, the sad fact is that recycling still goes unnoticed by many individuals. There are three types of people: 1. Someone who doesn’t recycle Read more…


The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency is making it easier to find chemical information online. The EPA is releasing a database called ToxRefDB, which allows scientists and the interested public to search and download thousands of toxicity testing results on hundreds Read more…


Insecticides such as DDT have long been used to combat the scourge of malaria in the developing world. But with the disease parasite becoming increasingly adept at resisting the chemical onslaught, some countries are achieving striking success by eliminating the Read more…


The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency says it will require new studies on the health and environmental effects of bisphenol A (BPA), a potentially harmful chemical found in thousands of everyday plastics. The federal agency, which is looking to add the Read more…


The Earth is truly a blue planet; 70 percent of its surface is covered with water. Unfortunately 97.5 percent of that is salt water, unusable for humans. Fresh water accounts for the other 2.5 percent, however, about two thirds of Read more…


Solar power is supposed to be clean and green, but what happens to the dirty ingredients involved to make and dispose of solar equipment? Two years since the Washington Post first reported that a maker of polysilicon for solar panels Read more…


Plastic bags are everywhere. Many years ago the only bags at the grocery store were paper ones. Now you have a choice of paper, plastic or bring your bag. Where have all the bags gone after they are used? Plastic Read more…


Some heavyweights who know a thing or two about transportation are having a pointed online debate about whether or not electric vehicles should receive support from the federal government. Terry Tamminen, who was Secretary of the California Environmental Protection Agency Read more…

Skip to toolbar